4,568 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#79728 04/23/2024 2:44 PM
Sabbath Offline OP
OP Offline
I would really love to see improvement on orders, and order tracking.

I'm not sure if anyone else has as many issues as I do with Orders - but if you don't click the fields in the right order, spin in a circle 3 times, say a prayer, and throw salt over your left shoulder - it doesn't put the orders together correctly. The extra notes never get added correctly, and the ability to track the orders in a bulk way would be ideal. In my dream world:

- Providers put in an order without issues and could actually utilize the different tabs in the same way across the board. For us, not all the tabs work consistently, and the different fields don't always populate on the order in the same way. The diagnosis codes aren't that adaptable, and don't often have the consistency with the most recent definitions.

- I would like a better dashboard to be able to focus on all outstanding orders for all patients, and I would like options for steps and the ability to put down details on those steps.

- I would like to be able to put in standing orders that are defined by the practice for the nurse to initiate. Which I realize you can kinda do, but BETTER.

- I'd like the ability to put reminders on orders for the nurse AND/OR the providers to be able to check back on, or take a self defined step on, whatever that order is. Ie......An imaging order that requires prior authorization - reminder to check on status of prior authorization, or a referral order - wait for labs to come back on a pre-op and then include those in the fax back and send it out. Etc.

I could go on. But I'd really like to do this - a dashboard for orders with a lot more workability.

Online Sick
Hi Sabbath:

Those are all good ideas and a lot of stuff. Here is where Jon is talking doing screenshots or drawing up what you are talking about. I could have used something like this yesterday when we missed a lab from two months ago on a girl who was anemic.

I would see if you could get two others (not me right now unfortunately) that share your views and form a committee and talk a few nights about some ideas, and then present them on paper very clearly with screenshots or drawings.

Unfortunately, our EMR doesn't connnect directly to Quest and get labs back from Quest so we have to depend on getting their faxed results, which doesn't happen 30% of the time.

Bert
Pediatrics
Brewer, Maine

Online Content
Quest downloads right into AC for me and Quest paid for the bridge , doesn't that happen in Maine?

Online Sick
We don't have interfaces with any labs. Only faxes.

Besides, we despise Quest. They have ruined our lab system in Bangor/Brewer.

Bert
Pediatrics
Brewer, Maine

Moderated by  DocGene, Wendell365 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 177 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Bert 15
Sabbath 11
beagle 7
Top Posters
Bert 12,729
JBS 2,911
Wendell365 2,355
Sandeep 2,315
ryanjo 2,084
Leslie 2,002
Wayne 1,889
This board is dedicated to the memory of Michael "Indy" Astleford. February 6, 1961 -- April 16, 2019

SiteLock